Bears maintain dominance as market valuation drops N90 billion
The Nigerian Exchange Group closed negative amid buying and selling interest as bears dominated proceedings, weighing on the broader market by 32 basis points.
The All-share Index (ASI) depreciated by 0.32% to close at 51,390.25 points. In the same vein, market capitalization decreased by 90.14 trillion naira to close at 27.71 trillion naira, while year-to-date (YtD) returns came in at 20, 31%. The stock market has risen by 8,673.81 basis points since the start of the year.
SWOOTs capitalization remained unchanged at the end of the trading session.
Market breadth closed negative as CWG led 12 winners and 25 losers dominated by MULTIVERSE at the end of today’s session.
NGX Top ASI Winners
- CWG up +10.00% to close at N0.88
- CAVERTON up +9.84% to close at N1.34
- ACADEMY up +9.52% to close at N0.18
- RTBRISCOE up +8.82% to close at N0.37
- INTBREW up +8.33% to close at N5.85
NGX Top Losers ASI
- MULTIVERSE down – 10.00% to close at N1.89
- REDSTAREX down -9.82% to close at N2.48
- CUTIX down -8.33% to close at N2.20
- UNITY down -8.16% to close at N0.45
- CATTLE down – 7.97% to close at N1.27
Top 3 by volume
- GTCO-49 598 208
- JAPAUL – 21 911 357
- UBA – 19,346,123
Top 3 by value
- GTCO – N1 014 807 657.70
- PRESCO – N107 673 036.75